If you’re lactose intolerant and frequently find yourself having to choose between going for it and enjoying the ice cream, milkshake, cold coffee (or whatever creamy delight makes you weak in the knees) or worrying about your stomach and deciding that it’s not worth spending the entire day in the washroom over, we’re here to guide you further!
Did you know that lactose intolerance affects over 75% of the world’s population and that many individuals may be unaware they have it?
What exactly is lactose intolerance? Lactose, a natural sugar present in milk, requires the enzyme lactase to be digested by our bodies. During enzyme digestion, lactose is divided into two different sugars, glucose and galactose. Lactose intolerance is caused by the body’s malabsorption of this sugar and a decrease in the activity of this enzyme. Lactose is digested rather than separated by the bacteria in our gut flora.
Lactose intolerance prevents lactose from being properly digested. This is due to the fact that when you are a newborn, you have the maximum level of lactase in your body. However, as you get older, your body generates less and less lactase, making it difficult to consume dairy and dairy products. Lactose intolerance can range from mild to severe. They may have diarrhea, flatulence, bloating, nausea, stomach pains, or severe indigestion in severe cases.
MilkLab Almond Milk Benefits
1) Easy to digest:- Lactose-free beverage is simpler to digest for persons with lactose intolerance since it has additional lactase, making it an excellent alternative to ordinary milk.
2) It’s better in nutritional value than ordinary milk:- Lactose-free skimmed beverage is simply ordinary milk without lactose or fat. This means that the nutritious profile of lactose-free beverages is preserved, and you may still get the advantages of ordinary milk.
3) As compared to regular beverages:- Lactose-free skim beverage tastes sweeter and smoother—the two simple sugars created when lactase breaks down lactose, galactose, and glucose, leave a stronger sweetness on the tongue.
4) Inherently Lactose-Free beverage is gluten-free:- If you have celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, or a wheat allergy, lactose-free milk should be on your shopping list.
5) Low on fat- Is a fat-free beverage available? This is the most commonly requested question. It is almost fat-free, with a fat level of less than 0.5 percent. Dairy fat is very hard to eradicate completely, therefore skimmed milk includes some trace levels of it but is a considerably better alternative than whole-fat milk.